Monday, October 5, 2009

Natural justice for Qld nurses?


When I asked a senior Queensland Health Manager why a nurse accused of assaulting a patient (and immediately suspended as a result), has still not received (nearly 7 weeks later), any signed/dated witness statements, they wrote to me and suggested I should "Meet" them to discuss the issues, because I obviously didn't understand how Queensland Health handles serious complaints . . . Thanks for the offer, but could I suggest something simpler? Why not write to me (formally), and explain why this state of affairs is (apparently), acceptable and normal within Queensland Health? Then (without releasing any identifying details), I can post it to my blog so the rest of Queensland (and Queensland nurses), can "Understand" too . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment