Monday, October 5, 2009

Qld Health Bully Central . . .
















To a senior HRM officer who may need some help understanding his job . . .

I'm AGAIN formally directing/asking you to investigate the ongoing workplace harassment that is ongoing in the X Health Unit. To-day (in response my formal complaint), you bluntly refused to do that unless I divulged personal confidences.

Further, the harassment cannot be investigated by the line managers you've named/suggested in your letter, because it's under these people that the current pathological culture has flourished. For these reasons, I am going directly to you. If there's anything about that frank message you don't understand, please contact me ASAP.

I've already formally notified you of the abuse/harrassment I've personally suffered from one of the managers you STILL suggest I go to (a complaint to which I've had zero response), but I'm not at liberty to divulge the painfully personal stories (several of them), that have been relayed to me in confidence. It's your job to actively seek that information. So do your job, and if you have any doubt about what that is, here's some official guidelines:

Prevention of Work Place Harassment Code of Practise 2004, Work Place Health & Safety Queensland, Department of Justice and Attorney General

http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/workplace/resources/pdfs/harassment_code2004.pdf

Please pay particular note to page 9 (section 6), of that document, where managers are directed to carry out anonymous surveys to actively assess the risk. I've already asked you to do that, but you've ignored me. So, why did you ignore a suggestion from me that is already contained in the Code of Practise you supposedly work under?

I expect to get your formal response on your willingness (or otherwise), to carry out an anonymous survey re work place bullying and harassment in the X Health Unit by the end of this week - and I would also (now), expect this survey to be carried out by independent, outside investigators.

Regards . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment